I have experienced my clients demonstrate exceptional communication, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, in the following ways:
- Told people what they need to know in a timely manner.
- Communicated in clear and simple terms, and established regular lines of communication.
- Were honest, candid, and vulnerable: which built trust and loyalty.
- Emphasized positive impacts and opportunities.
- Encouraged and strengthened interpersonal bonds.
- Helped people make sense of what had happened and how the organization would emerge from the crisis and move forward in the future.
By taking this approach, you may be a catalyst for positive change, despite challenging situations in the future.